[Mailman-Users] moving mailman

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Jul 13 02:26:31 CEST 2006

mardin at comcast.net wrote:

>But I met a new problem. After I used URL of https://mailman_server/mailman/admin/, I could log in the list successfully. But I could not modify the contents of configurations and do other administration work. When I wanted to submit the changes, I got the following message:
>
>"Although this page is encrypted, the information you have entered is to be sent over an unencrypted    connection and could easily be read by a third party.
>Are you sure you want to continue sending this information? -> Continue"
>
>After I clicked the Continue Botton, nothing changed about the list. What were the problems about the above message? Do you know how to resolve it?

I'm not sure I know what ALL the problems are, but my question is are
you trying to access Mailman via SSL (i.e. https scheme URLs) or not.
If so, it appears that the POST URLs in the admin pages are http, not
https. To change this, you need to have

DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'https://%s/mailman/'

in mm_cfg.py and then run fix_url on all the lists to update them. See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.027.htp>.

If you are not trying to use SSL, then go to
http://mailman_server/mailman/admin/ and not to
https://mailman_server/mailman/admin/.

If you are getting the https URLs because of a redirect in your web
server, that is probably causing a loss of the POST data from the
form. The above should fix it. See also,
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.045.htp>.