[Mailman-Users] You are not authorized to create new mailing lists(WEB ONLY)

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Jul 13 02:38:07 CEST 2006

Ki Song wrote:

>However, for example, when I try and acknowledge the subscribe request by
>clicking on a link to subscribe using the web, the web interface shows that
>there is no such list.
>
>Furthermore, when I try and create a new list from the web, it says that I
>am unauthorized to create a list, even though I entered in the correct
>passwords that are required: List creator's (authentication) password.
>
>I believe it has something to do with group id, but I don't know how to fix
>this.

It is not a group mismatch error. If it were, you would get a specific
'group mismatch' response from the wrapper and would never get as far
as getting the 'no such list' or 'unauthorized' messages.

I think it is your web server, but I don't know specifically what. See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.065.htp>
for a brief description of a problem where the system language was
Turkish and the web server was misspelling certain environment
variable names with Turkish characters. You may have a similar problem.