[Mailman-Users] Hit a bug but no error in logs

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jul 14 04:25:19 CEST 2006

Brian Cohen wrote:

>When I try to login to the admin interface for one specific mailing list
>on my site (the others work ok) I get this:
>
>----------
>Bug in Mailman version 2.1.5
>
>We're sorry, we hit a bug!
>
>Please inform the webmaster for this site of this problem. Printing of
>traceback and other system information has been explicitly inhibited,
>but the webmaster can find this information in the Mailman error logs.
>----------
>

>However when I check the error log on my server (it's
>/var/log/mailman/error) there is nothing.

Are you sure that's where Mailman's logs are? Check the setting of
LOG_DIR in mm_cfg.py. If there isn't one, the logs are probably in the
logs/ directory in the same mailman directory as lists/, data/,
archives/, etc.

That said, does anything work for this list? Can you get its listinfo
page or its admindb page? Does it process mail, requests, etc.? If the
answer to all of these is no, the lists/listname/config.pck file is
probably corrupt. The first try is do move it aside, e.g. rename it
config.pck.bad, and thus let Mailman try the config.pck.last which may
be OK.