[Mailman-Users] Hit a bug but no error in logs

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jul 14 18:35:33 CEST 2006

Brian Cohen wrote:

>Mark Sapiro wrote:
>>
>> If you want to send me off list the config.pck file, I'll see what I
>> can figure out, but first what does 'ls -l lists/<listname>/' show?
>>

>drwxrwsr-x 2 root   list 4096 Jul 14 12:00 .
>drwxrwsr-x 8 root   list 4096 Jan 20 11:44 ..
>-rw-rw---- 1 root   list 3324 Feb 19  2005 config.db
>-rw-rw---- 1 root   list 3324 Feb 19  2005 config.db.last
>-rw-rw---- 1 list   list 4280 Jul 14 12:00 config.pck
>-rw-rw---- 1 list   list 4280 Jul 14 11:28 config.pck.last
>-rw-r--r-- 1 root   list  189 Feb 19  2005 handle_opts.html
>-rw-rw---- 1 list   list  133 Jul  7 04:08 pending.pck
>-rw-rw-r-- 1 apache list   24 Jul 14 01:23 request.pck

The files config.db and config.db.last are left over from an old
Mailman 2.0.x. When you upgraded to 2.1.x these were converted to the
corresponding config.pck files. I'm sure it has nothing to do with
your problem, but it is a good idea to remove the config.db files
because there is a remote possibility that both config.pck files could
become unusable and Mailman would automatically revert to the outdated
config.db and reconvert it.

If you want to send me the config.pck off list, I'll look at it and see
what I can find.