[Mailman-Users] how to disable "lists" display in email

Catherine Maxwell catmaxx at berrach.com
Fri Jul 14 21:20:40 CEST 2006

Thanks Mark, Patrick and Dragon. That is also the conclusion that I
have arrived at. It is the listname-request list that was throwing us
as to why it was appearing.

Now through my testing of that issue I have come up with something
else that is a puzzle.

I have virtual hosting enabled and setup for 8 different domains in
the mm_cfg.py. All lists are working well. For the sake of
explanation, let's say there are four list hosting domains:
domain1.com, domain2.com, domain3.com and domain4.com.

If I send a "lists" request to mailman-request at domain1.com, I get the
results for all advertised lists on domain1.com.

If I send a "lists" request to mailman-request at domain2.com, I get the
results for all advertised lists on domain1.com.

If I send a "lists" request to mailman-request at domain3.com, I get the
results for all advertised lists on domain1.com.

If I send a "lists" request to mailman-request at domain4.com, I get the
results for all advertised lists on domain1.com.

My mm_cfg.py is set up as:

add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST, 'domain1.com')
add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST, 'domain1.com')
add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST, 'domain2.com')
add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST, 'domain2.com')
and so on ...

Apparently only giving the results for the first domain in the
lineup. Is it supposed to be that way or is there something that I am
missing that is making it so that the request is not being fulfilled
for the other domains?

--Catherine