[Mailman-Users] lists stop working

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Jul 15 05:20:05 CEST 2006

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:

>I have a small mailman (2.1.x) installation with a few lists.  They
>just stopped working the other day.  I did a mailmanctl restart and
>that did not fix it but a stop and then a start did.  I saw nothing
>in the logs to indicate why the lists stopped working.
>
>How does one go about debugging this sort of thing?

Probably one or more of your qrunners stopped. At this point, you can
look at Mailman's qrunner log and possibly see entries about runners
stopping and being restarted until the limit is reached. If so, there
will also be a small bit of information as to why (what signal or
condition) caused the runner to stop. There may also be something in
Mailman's 'error' log from the same time.

If it happens again see items 5 - 8 at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.014.htp>.