[Mailman-Users] text/html problem

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Jul 16 19:10:14 CEST 2006

Allan Hansen wrote:

>One of my list members is sending messages to one of my list as follows:

><x-html><!x-stuff-for-pete base="" src="" id="0" charset="iso-8859-1/macintosh"><html>...
>
>At first, the message was rejected as having an unacceptable content. Adding
>text/html to the list of 'pass_mime_types' got her past that rejection.
>
>But now, while the message now got through, the message contents did not.

If you are quoting the message exactly, it is defective as it does not
have an empty line separating the headers from the body. If there is
in fact an empty line as in

<x-html><!x-stuff-for-pete base="" src="" id="0"
charset="iso-8859-1/macintosh"><html>...

Then the content should be in the raw message sent from the list, even
if some MUA doesn't show it.

Just my .02, but I think a better solution is to continue to strip html
and teach your member to post plain text.
<http://www.expita.com/nomime.html> may help.