[Mailman-Users] Error: You are not authorized to createnew mailinglists

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Jul 17 23:04:49 CEST 2006

Ki Song wrote:

>>> Error: You are not authorized to create new mailing lists
>>>
>>> I have configured the List creator's (authentication) password and entered
>>> it in the last field.

and

>I have english as my default installation.
>I still get the error: You are not authorized to create new mailing lists.

There are at least two possibilities.

1) you have more than one Mailman installation and the list creator
password file /usr/local/mailman/data/creator.pw that you set with
/usr/local/mailman/bin/mmsitepass -c is not the file that's being used
by your Mailman 2.1.5 web create module.

2) something is causing your web server to not deliver the exact
password you enter.

After you rule out 1) and you still have a problem, post again and I'll
give you some debug code to add to create.py to diagnose 2).