[Mailman-Users] FW: FW: No One Can Post a Message but the Server

Greg Sims greg at headingup.net
Tue Jul 18 14:58:30 CEST 2006

Thank you for the feedback on this issue ... I wanted to give you an update
about the newsletter this morning.  The newsletter was generated by the
server but it was never distributed to the mailing list.

My first action was to get the newsletter out.  I added the server mail id
and the "From: " mail id in the header of the email to
accept_these_nonmembers.  I ran the script from the server manually and the
newsletter was distributed.

I looked at the header of the newsletter I received.  The "Approved: <list
password> line was removed before the newsletter was distributed.  Version
says I am "Using Mailman version: 2.1.5" by the way.

I had some new people subscribe to the list last night.
Default_member_moderation is set to Yes but the moderation bit of the new
members is not being set.

It still looks like we have some bugs to work out with this scheme.

Thanks again for your help!  Greg