[Mailman-Users] FW: FW: No One Can Post a Message but the Server

Greg Sims greg at headingup.net
Wed Jul 19 04:09:42 CEST 2006

Guys,

I found /var/log/vette and see an entry that matches the time the newsletter
cron was run.  Here is the log entry:

Jul 18 04:23:01 2006 (8553) Message discarded, msgid:
<20060718112301.22011.qmail at raystedman.org>

I hope this gives you more clues.  Is there some way for mailman to be
verbose in the logs?

With respect to the moderator bit not being set on new subscriptions to the
list -- I believe I saw a timing problem that is not longer an issue.  I
followed your suggestion to set the moderated bit for all subscribers
initially.  I believe someone might have been in the process of subscribing
at the time I did this.  I now see additional new subscriptions with the
moderated but set. I believe this portion of the problem is behind us.

Greg