[Mailman-Users] Scaling Question

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Wed Jul 19 04:56:53 CEST 2006

At 4:45 PM -0400 2006-07-18, Ki Song wrote:

>  Anyways, I just wanted to hear some feedback as far as the scalability of
>  mailman. I have a mailing list of approximately 50,000+ subscribers. I just
>  wanted to know if mailman would be able to handle it without any issues.

See FAQ 1.15.

>  I am on a business cable connection with approx 384k upstream / 6000k
>  downstream.

A lot is going to depend on your hardware and your provider.  Many
providers place limits on your ability to send outgoing e-mail, so
even though your theoretical bandwidth might be suitable, in practice
it may not work for you.

These are questions that you need to be talking about with your provider.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

  Founding Individual Sponsor of LOPSA.  See <http://www.lopsa.org/>.