[Mailman-Users] stange domain/url question

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Jul 19 23:47:49 CEST 2006

Anne Ramey wrote:

>Mark Sapiro wrote:
><snip>

>> This makes no sense. It shouldn't be -admin because that's a Mailman
>> 2.0.x artifact, but the 'mailman' site list didn't appear until 2.1.
>>
>You are incorrect.  That is not a typo...it was copied and pasted from
>the email I was sent this morning when I did a test.  I'm running 2.1.8,
>but it's been upgraded time and again.

Well then is your site list named 'mailman-admin' (I assumed it was
'mailman')?

>My default url host was still the old.  I'll change it and see if that
>makes the difference.

You need to not only make sure your DEFAULT_URL_HOST and
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST are correct, you also have to insure that old
values from Defaults.py are removed from VIRTUAL_HOSTS. You do this by
putting the following in mm_cfg.py:

# Remove old VIRTUAL_HOSTS entry from Defaults.py
VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()
# Set correct Domains
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'correct.web.domain'
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'correct.email.domain'.
# Add to VIRTUAL_HOSTS

(You don't need the comments). Then restart Mailman (bin/mailmanctl
restart) and run fix_url on all lists via

bin/withlist -l -a -r fix_url