[Mailman-Users] Trying to tighten up my security...

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Jul 20 07:55:33 CEST 2006

Jon D. Slater wrote:
>I installed the patch, and tested it (by trying to send an e-mail to the
>group from an e-mail that I knew wasn't in the group).  It was rejected (as
>I just had an e-mail get through from a non-member!
>The e-mail is from: "Bernardo Spicer" <BernardoSpicer at 1000000000.com>
>Who is definitely *not* on any of my lists.
>The group sender filter is set to 'Reject' postings from non-members for
>which no explicit action is defined.
>But, I was still notified.  Here's the full header of the message that
>requested approval:
>From: "Bernardo Spicer" <BernardoSpicer at 1000000000.com>
>To: <designreview at steeplechase-hoa.org>
>Subject: RE: wave surface
>Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 03:40:10 -0420
>Why did I get a request to approve this message?

What was the reason in the approval notice you received (it's also in
the 'vette' log).

Do you have any header_filter_rules defined (in Privacy
options...->Spam filters) with Hold action? These are applied before
membership tests.

Also, it's not relevant to this issue, but I am still interested in the
entry from the 'error' log from the admindb "bug" from the first patch