[Mailman-Users] Bug in Mailman version 2.1.7.cp2

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Jul 20 08:17:23 CEST 2006

Tiffany Miller wrote:

>So, I can't 'see' the mailman error logs or the file system. I can only view the file manager through my FTP program or cpanel. I checked the error logs for the site, but nothing shows from today.
>
>And not sure if it helps, but when I try to edit *any* of the public html files for the newsletter list, I get the same error. Thankfully, the previous changes I made to other 3 files remained stored.

Clearly something has changed, but I don't know what. It could be that
for some reason, the edithtml CGI as invoked by the web server no
longer has permission to access the list specific templates, but this
seems really unlikely, since it created them in the first place, and
presumably the web server can still access them to display them to
users.

Without knowing what's in Mailman's error log, I really haven't a clue.
The web server log will be no help because all the web server knows is
it invoked the edithtml CGI, and it got a page back. The page said
Mailman Bug, but the web server doesn't know that. As far as it's
concerned, everything is normal.