[Mailman-Users] list automatically removing users

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jul 21 16:57:01 CEST 2006

Lawrence Bowie wrote:

>I do not have bounce processing enabled but yet one morning
>I have a list of about 15 users unsubscribed from the list.
>According to logs, they all look like this,

>This obviously says it was removed because of some
>measure of bounces were exceeded. But once again, I do not
>have bounce processing enabled.

Is bounce processing turned off for the list and not just
DEFAULT_BOUNCE_PROCESSING = No in mm_cfg.py?

Did these unsubscribes occur at the time that cron/disabled runs
(default 9:00 a.m. server time)?

Was bounce processing ever enabled for the list? If so, once a member
is disabled for bouncing, cron/disabled will continue to send warning
messages and eventually remove the member, even if bounce processing
is turned off for the list.