[Mailman-Users] Web refreshes but does not apply changes

Tony Stocker akostocker at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 00:14:36 CEST 2006

> I disabled the SSL rewrite rule in the httpd.conf file, and tried
> again and it worked.  So the Mailman program doesn't like something
> about the URL's getting rewritten I'm guessing.  However, I don't want
> to run this program "in the clear" - or any programs really for this
> server - so what do I need to do to fix this issue?  Any ideas?

Okay for the sake of posterity here's the fix that I've found:

Modify mm_cfg.py:
     DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'https://%s/mailman/'
[NOTE the 's' in 'https']

Then run:
     $prefix/bin/withlist -l -a -r fix_url

[This is to fix the URL's in any lists you've created.]

I then reenabled my rewrite condition in httpd.conf.  Then restarted Apache.

As the saying goes I should have RTFM before posting, sorry about that.