[Mailman-Users] First posting: A question re listnames

Dragon dragon at crimson-dragon.com
Thu Jul 27 23:54:12 CEST 2006

Rod Dav4is sent the message below at 14:33 7/27/2006:
>Is there any particular reason for not choosing Mailman listnames ending
>in "-L"?
>Is there any reason such names should be avoided?

It's a convention some people use to designate that an address is a
list address and not an address going to a specific person or
functional position like a web master or admin.

I don't think Mailman cares one way or another how you name your
lists. All it requires is that the list name be valid in the sense
that it will resolve to a valid e-mail address.

So what it really comes down to is personal preference. If you like
the convention, use it. If not, then don't use it.