[Mailman-Users] How to make moderation messages only go tomoderators, not list owners?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Jul 31 05:22:22 CEST 2006

J.B. Nicholson-Owens wrote:

>I'm the owner of a GNU Mailman-run mailing list.  I don't want moderation
>messages.  What settings would I have to change to make moderation messages go
>to moderators and not list owners?

You couldn't find a way to do it because there isn't one. The method
for generating an owner notification has an optional argument that
allows excluding moderators. The only place this is used is in
notifying the owner of an unrecognized bounce. All other notifications
go to both the owner(s) and moderator(s). No notifications go to
moderator and not owner.

What you would have to do would be to set the moderator address(es) as
owner and leave moderator empty. The owner could still administer the
list and the moderator only use the admindb interface as access is via
password, not email address, but then the real owner wouldn't get any
notifications of any kind.