[Mailman-Users] cronjobs (/bin/sh: mailman: command not found)

wolfgang pauli ookami at gmx.de
Thu Jun 8 19:01:20 CEST 2006

Hi,

I had problems getting the cronjobs to work until I found something that looks like an error in the docs to me.
It says do "% crontab -u mailman crontab.in" to set up your cronjobs. But the crontab.in file includes cron commands like:
0 8 * * * mailman /usr/lib/mailman/cron/checkdbs

So it results in the error msg (email):
Subject: [Mailman Site List] Cron <mailman at grey> mailman /usr/lib/mailman/cron/gate_news
Body: /bin/sh: mailman: command not found

I fixed that my removing "mailman" from all commands in crontab.in. E.g.:
0 8 * * * /usr/lib/mailman/cron/checkdbs