[Mailman-Users] newbie: Who is mailman at domain.com

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Jun 11 19:05:56 CEST 2006

onesir mail wrote:

>If you are having trouble using the lists, please contact
>mailman at domain.com. (where domain is my own domain)
>
>I have sent mail to this address but it seems to be lost in a black
>hole.  By default all unknown address e-mails sent to my domain end up
>in the webmaster inbox.
>
>Does anyone know where mail sent to mailman at domain.com is routed?

mailman at domain.com is the site list for your mailman installation. It
is required that you have this list. In addition to being mentioned on
listinfo pages as you quote above, it is also the 'source' of password
reminders and certain other Mailman generated messages. This list
exists at your site or Mailman wouldn't run. You can see it's listinfo
page at something like <http:/domain.com/mailman/listinfo/mailman> and
you can administer it at <http:/domain.com/mailman/admin/mailman>
although at least initially, you'll probably need the site password to
log in.

The owner of this list should be set to the Mailman site administrator
who should also be a member of the list.