[Mailman-Users] edit held messages

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Jun 13 17:23:15 CEST 2006

Patrick Bogen wrote:

>(P.S. to our FAQ managing-type folks: A search for 'edit held' or
>'edit held message' didn't bring up this FAQ entry, with the default
>search settings. Switching to 'keywords (any)' worked alright. I'm not
>sure if this is considered an issue.)

Two things here.

We are all FAQ maintainers. The FAQ is maintained by the community on
the honor system, much like a wiki. The password is right there on the
bottom of every page.

Regarding search, I don't think this is an issue. If you search for
"edit held" as a simple string and the entry does not contain that
exact string (because it contains "edit a held message"), it won't
match. That's why you have the option to say your search entry is
individual words to match (Keywords any or all), or a regular
expression.

If you are suggesting that the term "Simple string" would better be
described as "Exact phrase" or something similar, you may be correct,
but getting this actually changed on python.org is a 'windmill' I'll
leave to someone else.