[Mailman-Users] Throttling output

Dave Stern dave at umiacs.umd.edu
Tue Jun 13 19:22:27 CEST 2006

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006, Steve Campbell wrote:

> Bernd,

Actually, that's exactly what we did. We had a tiny sun ultra10 and
ended up supporting a list of some 12,000 people. Aside from the
standard tuning you'll read about in the Sendmail Performance Tuning
book by Christenson, I set up multiple queues limiting the maxquerunsize.

'Course now we're turning to linux and are considering using postfix
instead but the theory is the same.

  David Stern                                    University of Maryland
            Institute for Advanced Computer Studies