[Mailman-Users] Can't figure out if I set up mail list correct

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Jun 15 22:27:33 CEST 2006

Robert Lane wrote:

>We want to be able to have just one person send to members, but in one
>direction only.

See the FAQ at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.011.htp>.

>I haven't seen anything come through from it so I am wondering if I have
>a problem at my host or if I set it up wrong. It does show up in the
>archive, but nothing has come through the email.

If the post is in the archive, it reached the list and was accepted. If
it didn't get sent out, there are many possible reasons.

Is this a new list on a working mailman installation or a new
installation? It could be the members are all set for digests or have
delivery disabled or outgoing mail from Mailman isn't working or ???

See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.014.htp>.

Let us know whether this is a new installation on your server, a
working installation on your server or an installation hosted
elsewhere?