[Mailman-Users] marketing software frontend for mailman ?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Jun 19 16:27:39 CEST 2006

electroteque wrote:

>It was a specific question if there are marketing software vendors
>using mailman as a backend layer, a proper answer would be nice.

I don't think we are aware of any. I think what you are looking for is
in the realm of CRM software. A google search for

  "customer relations management" software

gets over 197,000 hits. A search for

  "customer relations management" mailman

Gets 866 hits. None of the ones I looked at actually mention "customer
relations management" and Mailman in the same context except a few
such as our FAQ
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.018.htp>
that talk about Mailman not being a CRM solution.

I also tried

   "marketing software"

and

   "marketing software" mailman

And got 5,840,000 vs 9380 hits. Interestingly, the latter included a
CRM package named MAILman (but not our Mailman) from Direct Marketing
Software (DMS) <http://www.dmsw.com.au/>.

BTW, I think Brad's point in refering you to FAQs 1.22 and 1.23 even
though they are irrelevant to your question, may have been a clue that
your question may be outside the expertise of this list.