[Mailman-Users] Possible to import mailing lists?

Ryan Steele steele at agora-net.com
Mon Jun 19 18:46:42 CEST 2006

Mark,

Thanks for the quick reply.  Here's my problem:  I want to upgrade a
Mailman installation, but I don't want to do it in the production
environment.  So, I have a test environment.  I want to import a list
from the production environment to a Mailman installation in the test
environment, upgrade Mailman, and test that the list still works
properly.  However, I don't want/need to copy every list from the
production Mailman installation.  But, I guess I could try copying the
.pck's and the data members and see if that helps.  When I simply copied
the files from the lists directory on the production box to the lists
directory on the test box, Mailman seemed to have a notion of the list
(I couldn't create one with the same name), but when I listed all
mailing lists from the admin interface, it did not show up in that list.

Thanks,
Ryan