[Mailman-Users] changing hostname of web interface page

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Jun 20 03:01:56 CEST 2006

Will Twomey wrote:

>Instead of 'hostname.com/cgi-bin/mailman/admin/list' I'd like it to be
>'list.hostname.com/cgi-bin/mailman/admin/list/general'
>
>Does anyone know how I can do this without changing the mailman email
>address from list at hostname.com to list at list.hostname.com?

Put the following in mm_cfg.py

DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'list.hostname.com'
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'hostname.com'
VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()

restart mailman and run fix_url.

See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.029.htp>.

After all this is working OK, you may want to rebuild the archives with
'bin/arch --wipe listname' in order to fix the absolute links to the
listinfo page in the prior monthly index files.

Of course you will have to have an appropriately configured web server
on list.hostname.com.