[Mailman-Users] maximum size

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Jun 22 18:12:56 CEST 2006

Eduardo Núñez wrote:

>Can I fix messages's size for all lists?
>
>I want that administrators can't modify this.

There are a couple of ways to accomplish this, but they involve
patching Mailman code. Without modifying code, there is no way to
prevent list admins from changing the limit.

You can selectively remove pages from the admin interface by removing
them from the ADMIN_CATEGORIES list, but you can't remove 'general'
even if you want to, because it is always the default page.

So, you would have to modify Mailman/Gui/General.py to remove the
max_message_size entry from the page or modify
Mailman/Handlers/Hold.py and replace mlist.max_message_size with for
example mm_cfg.DEFAULT_MAX_MESSAGE_SIZE.