[Mailman-Users] cannot rebuild archives

Jeff DeReus jdereus at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 15:49:58 CEST 2006

On 6/23/06, Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote:

> Jeff DeReus wrote:
> >
> >On 6/23/06, Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> cat archives/private/<listname>/index.html
> >>
> >> is there an entry for June 2006?
> >>

> >Actually there is not.   which seems odd since the arch script tells me
> that
> >> it is creating the html.
> >>

> >If you do
> >>
> >> ls -l archives/private/<listname>/2006-June/
> >>
> >> do you see the nnnnnn.html files and the author.html, date.html,
> >> subject.html and thread.html files and the index.html symlink?
> >

> >well since the 2006-June doesn't exist (which I am sure it did yesterday
> as
> >odd as that sounds)  i can't see it.
>
> I'm guessing that you must have archives/private/* structure in two
> different places on your server, an old one and a new one and both you
> and your web server are looking (today) at the old one.

the list is under /archives/public/* yet the archives are set to be private
in the interface.  not quite sure if that plays into anything, yet I would
think not.

Is this problem list's archive public and if so, are you visiting it
> via something like http:/www.example.com/pipermail/listname/?

if I go to the list with /pipermail/* the 2006-June entry does not show.  If
i go to /mailman/* the entry for 2006-June appears yet when I try to access
the archives for that month it gives me an error message of No Such List for
June-2006.  Oddly, there is no entry for June in the mailman/* file for
June.  so why would it show up in the archives at all?

If so, what happens if you go to something like
> http:/www.example.com/mailman/private/listname/ and log in? If this
> too is missing June, then what else is different between this list an
> the ones that work?

I see nothing else different between the other lists.