[Mailman-Users] Goodmail spells doom for mailing lists?

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Mar 2 02:25:03 CET 2006

At 11:57 AM +0100 2006-03-01, Brad Knowles wrote:

>  	Frankly, despite all the wailing and gnashing of teeth by everyone else,
>  I don't see any of these situations changing any time soon.

	If anyone wants to see a more completely laid out and fully
explained discussion of why Goodmail is such a bad idea, please see
<http://www2.dearaol.com/faq> and <http://www2.dearaol.com/blog>.

	While I definitely believe that they are right, and I do have
personal experience with how the AOL marketing department works, I
believe that these efforts are unlikely to be successful -- at best,
I fear that they may only slightly delay things.

	However, I do hope that I can be proved wrong in this case.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755