[Mailman-Users] Log analysis

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Mar 2 16:42:44 CET 2006

Bryan Carbonnell wrote:

>On 3/2/06, Roger Favero <roger at apf.it> wrote:
>
>> I'm looking fot a tool (a simple script, or something like it) to
>> analyse the mailman log in order to know the volume of the work managed
>> by mailman for each list configured in it (how many post per day, how
>> many new subscrive, etc...).  Is there something that could help me?
>
>Have a look at the MMDSR script at Sourceforge in the files section,
>IIRC. It sounds like this is a perfect fit for what you need.
>
>I'd give you the URL, but I can't get to Sourceforge at teh moment.

It's Mailman patch 1123383 at
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1123383&group_id=103&atid=300103>.

It's also referenced in the FAQ at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.030.htp>.

And, since 2.1.7 it is in the contrib directory in the distribution,
although the one on Sourceforge is more up to date than the 2.1.7
distribution.