[Mailman-Users] Large site mailman config

George Barnett george at alink.co.za
Fri Mar 3 11:31:09 CET 2006

Hi,

Could somebody please send me a config for a large mailman site?

We're seeing our mailman queue wedge fairly frequently.  A simple
restart sorts this out, but I'd like to see if there's anything else I
can do to prevent this.

We have the following relevant options set:

QRUNNERS = [
     ('ArchRunner',     4), # messages for the archiver
     ('BounceRunner',   2), # for processing the qfile/bounces directory
     ('CommandRunner',  1), # commands and bounces from the outside world
     ('IncomingRunner', 4), # posts from the outside world
     ('NewsRunner',     1), # outgoing messages to the nntpd
     ('OutgoingRunner', 4), # outgoing messages to the smtpd
     ('VirginRunner',   1), # internally crafted (virgin birth) messages
     ('RetryRunner',    3), # retry temporarily failed deliveries
     ]

# Default queue stuff is shite.
QRUNNER_LOCK_LIFETIME = hours(20)
QRUNNER_PROCESS_LIFETIME = hours(2)
QRUNNER_MAX_MESSAGES = 50000
DELIVERY_RETRY_WAIT=minutes(10)
# Max recipients for each message
SMTP_MAX_RCPTS = 150
# Max messages sent in each SMTP connection
SMTP_MAX_SESSIONS_PER_CONNECTION = 25
ARCHIVE_TO_MBOX = 0

Cheers,

George

--
George Barnett
Reality Engineer

m: (+44) 797 457 1868
e: george at alink.co.za

Digital circuits are made from analog parts.
		-- Don Vonada