[Mailman-Users] Importing Archives Not Working

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Mar 3 21:39:35 CET 2006

Karl Zander wrote:

>We have messages in mbox format that we want to import.
>
>As per 5.1 from the FAQ, we used

>where <list> is our list name.  We did create the list
>before  attempting to import.
>

>Running arch gives this,
>
>Pickling archive state into
>/data/mailman/archives/private/our-list/pipermail.pck
>
>then seems to return without any errors or other messages.

That should be the final message from bin/arch. If there are no
messages at all preceding that, then either there are no messages in
archives/private/<list>.mbox/<list>.mbox or it is not in the expected
format.

Also, archives/private/<list>.mbox/<list>.mbox is the default input
file for bin/arch, so the command above is equivalent to just

  bin/arch <list>