[Mailman-Users] Importing Archives Not Working

Karl Zander kwz-mm at commpartners.com
Sat Mar 4 01:40:07 CET 2006

On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 16:16:31 -0800
  Greg Lindahl <lindahl at pbm.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 06:48:43PM -0500, Karl Zander
>wrote:
>
>> New messages sent to the list get appended to the end of
>> the mbox file OK and do display in the archive.
>
> Compare the "From " lines (not From:). I had to fiddle
>with them with
> some of my archives a few years ago when I moved a list
>from Majordomo
> to Mailman.

Well...its the header of the mbox exported from Lyris.

The Lyris export creates this:

 From user at example.com Thu, 01 Dec 2005 10:02:08 -0500

New messages sent via Mailman and  appended to the mbox
show up in the Archive with this header

 From nobody Fri Mar  3 17:39:04 2006

Its the date/time format that is the problem.  I did a
manaul edit on the Lyris export date format so it matched
the second Mailman format and the message showed up in the
Archives after running arch.

So I have to figure out how to change those date formats.
 Anyone know of scripts/tools to manipulate these date
formats?

--Karl