[Mailman-Users] how to disable "post requires approval" messages

Glenn Sieb ges+lists at wingfoot.org
Sat Mar 4 10:30:08 CET 2006

Crni Gorac said the following on 3/4/2006 3:28 AM:
> I'm administering couple mailing list and during last time each day
> I'm receiving  dozen of "... post from ... requires approval" messages
> ("As list administrator, your authorization is requested for the
> following mailing list posting...") for each list, because spammers
> are trying to go trough.  So I'm wondering how to disable sending this
> kind of messages to list administrator address?  I was looking trough
> Mailman administrative interface for my list, but wasn't able to find
> anything appropriate...

What you really need here is good spam filtering so that those messages
never make it to the lists. Disabling those administrative messages is
really a Bad Idea.. :-\

Personally, I use AMaViS and SpamAssassin, with the SpamAssassin handler
for Mailman... it works like a charm!

Best,
--Glenn

          ~Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759