[Mailman-Users] Spam assassin with mailman

Jonathan Larsen larsenj at sosstaffing.com
Mon Mar 6 23:23:36 CET 2006

The issue we're having is that Mail comes in through our mail server.
Shoots to Mailman.  Mailman then finds the list, sends the mail back to the
mail server and only then does the mail get hit by spam assassin.  If the
email was sent as a blacklisted spam, once it hits mailman it doesn't appear
that way to spam assassin anymore because it is seeing it come from mailman
and things it's okay thus sending it out.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this problem?

I showed my systems admin the spam assassin integration into mailman
instructions but he's hesitant on it because the instructions I found
haven't been touched since 2003.  im only human so maybe I didn't find the
most recent instructions.

Any and all help is appreciated.  Thanks guys/gals

"If i was a rabbit, i would ROLL... ROLL!!!!!"

                                    -Kompressor

Jonathan Larsen

The Awesome I.S. Dept

Questions? mail us  <mailto:pc at sosstaffing.com> mailto:pc at sosstaffing.com