[Mailman-Users] Bounce processing doesn't work

Andre Tann atann at gmx.net
Tue Mar 7 11:53:35 CET 2006

Hello Mark.

Mark Sapiro, Freitag, 3. März 2006 20:36:

> >> VERP_PERSONALIZED_DELIVERIES =3D Yes
> >>
> >> in mm_cfg.py to enhance bounce recognition.
> >
> >I have already thought about this. But I was not sure if this
> > might be a problem to my postfix MTA. I have no idea if my
> > postfix can handle these address types.
>
> Just have an outside mail sent to an inside address of the form
> user+xxx=abc.def at example.com and see if it arrives.

I now have set up VERP. As my mailman-server is connected to the
real mx via a fetchmail/procmail link, it was a little bit hand
work to do to bring up VERP to work.

fetchmail fetches all the mailman mails via a catchall account, and
procmail does the filtering.
Now I have modified my procmail rule set, which means VERP works,
and all the bounce mails are recognized.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Greetings from Munich sinking in snow

--
Andre Tann