[Mailman-Users] Trouble integrating Mailman 2.1.5 with ht://DiG - runaway "htnotify"

Greg Earle earle at isolar.DynDNS.ORG
Wed Mar 8 01:14:07 CET 2006

On Mar 7, 2006, at 10:30 AM, Greg Earle wrote:

> I've just recently upgraded my Mailman 2.1.5 setup to include the
> ht://DiG integration patches et al., and after getting it going and
> sending the test e-mail through all of my lists to get the .conf files
> set up etc., I tried a test run of "nightly_htdig" to get things
> rolling.
>
> This resulted in "rundig" running, and while "htdig" and "htmerge"
> seem to run OK, it's hanging on the "htnotify" stage.  "htnotify"
> opens the first of the "db.docdb" files (which isn't very large,
> since all the lists were just recently set up) for the first of the
> lists, and it then proceeds to start doing mmap2()'s (this is on
> Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 in case it matters, btw) of ever-increasing
> sizes (by powers of 2) until it requests a 1 GB (why?!?) mapping,
> then it just sits there in "Run" state for good, apparently doing
> nothing (there's no more strace output after the 1 GB mmap2() - at
> least, not until I eventually kill it off in frustration).
>
> Any ideas?

Sorry for the noise - I've picked up the "Solaris only" (apparently
not) patch ("htnotifyNull.0") for "htnotify" from

	ftp://ftp.ccsf.org/htdig-patches/3.1.6/htnotifyNull.0

and rebuilt "htnotify", and now it's happy.

	- Greg