[Mailman-Users] Public vs Private Mailing List

edcarlsen at cox.net edcarlsen at cox.net
Wed Mar 8 15:53:02 CET 2006

I just installed Mailman version 2.1.5 on a Fedora Core 4 server and all seems to be working well.
I created two lists, mailman and second. I marked mailman as a private list and second as a public list.
When I request the public lists available by e-mail from the mailman-request address it tells me both my list are public lists. When I request the public lists available from the second-request address, it tells me only the second list is available (which is correct).
Is there some special significance to the list named mailman?
I have set the options in the "Privacy" section from the web pages and I have created both list using the command line: new_list XXXXXX
Is there something more I need to do or did I do something wrong?
Thanks in advance.
Ed Carlsen