[Mailman-Users] 1 email for multiple email-list recipients on same server?

Matt England mengland at mengland.net
Thu Mar 9 16:50:48 CET 2006

I don't believe it's a user-education-oriented problem; I want my users to
do this.

Mailman has the capability via ("Avoid duplicate copies of messages?") to
determine when email is being sent to an external user that's on its
subscription list; why not use the same/similar mechanism to check the
duplications on other subscription lists?

This leads me to believe that this capability is well within the capability
of Mailman to support.  Alas, I don't have intimate knowledge of the
internals, and therefore I speak from a very ignorant position.

Also, if the Mailman development community does not want to support this
feature based upon some policy or principal, I suppose there's little that
can be done.  FWIW, I think this would be a useful feature for Mailman, but
that's just my perspective.

-Matt