[Mailman-Users] Totally unmoderated user???

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Mar 16 17:05:48 CET 2006

Daniel Hawker wrote:

>I would like to have a couple of my members to be able to be completely
>unmoderated and hence be able to bypass this limit. I trust they won't
>send anything truly silly, however they send out regular information
>packs (around 2-300k) that obviously get caught by the system.

There is no way to do this via list configuration. You can set a
moderator password if there isn't one already, and give the password
to these people. If you don't want them to receive regular
'moderation' notices, you don't have to add them to the moderator list.

Once these people have the password, they can approve their own posts
or they can pre-approve them by putting an Approved: header or first
body line in the post they send to the list.

Of course, they can also approve/reject/discard any other pending
moderator requests via the admindb interface.