[Mailman-Users] There currently are no publicly-advertised Mailman mailing lists

Travis Derouin tderouin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 02:35:13 CET 2006

Hi,

I've been running a mailman list for about a year and the time has
come to switch servers. I've started off by setting up a new mailman
installation but have run into some problems. 1) Any list I create
through the command line bin/newlist isn't accessible through a web
browser (There's the No Such List error) and 2) Despite resetting the
site password and list creator password a few times, I can't create a
new list through a web browser.

I've tried editing data/sitelist.cfg and setting advertised =1 and
then using config_list to reset the list configuration. I've fiddled
with the DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST and DEFAULT_URL_HOST in mm_cfg.py and
poked around FAQs and documentation online for a long time. I've also
tried just tarring up the existing working mailman directory and
moving it over to the new machine, but alas, that had the same issue.
I tried setting up another installation on a different machine (all
machines are Red Hat Linux, Apache 2), same problem. bin/list_lists do
list the lists that were created from the command line.
VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW is still set to On in Default.py.

I thought there might have been an issue with the hostname having a
uppercase letter in it, while the HTTP_HOST is all lower case, but I
recompiled using --with-mailhost and --with-urlhost to use the
lowercase name and still had the same problem, and have changed the
settings in mm_cfg.py and used add_virtualhost.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Travis