[Mailman-Users] Security Help

Jewel jewel.brueggeman-makda at washburn.edu
Fri Mar 17 19:04:41 CET 2006

I am a brand new user of Mailman and in the process of building a
replacement for one that is running out of space.  I am struggling with
security.  I know there are processes like ftp and telnet which I should
shutdown but how do I do this.  Any information I have found online
confuses me or is beyond what I am trying to accomplish.  I simply want
to know how can I see that services running, how to shut them down, and
secure the server.  I am running Knoppix 4.0.2 and Mailman 2.1.7.

Thanks!

--
Jewel