[Mailman-Users] I really need to put a banner on the messages

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Mar 17 20:57:52 CET 2006

daniel trejo wrote:

>So my
>question  is  do i have to join the developers list to get help with this
>issue? what are the requisites to join? what should i know?

No you don't have to join mailman-developers, but you do have to learn
Python and read some Mailman code.

Mailman is not the most appropriate tool for what you want to do. You
will probably need to implement a custom handler to add the header
and/or footer as a text/html part instead of a text/plain part.

See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.067.htp>
for an outline of installing a custom handler. and see
Mailman/Handlers/Decorate.py for the handler that currently adds
headers and footers.

There will be issues because the logical thing seems to be to put
something in msg_header and/or msg_footer which a custom handler could
then convert into the HTML you want, but you can't just replace
Decorate with your handler because Decorate is called directly from
Mailman/Handlers/SMTPDirect.py.