[Mailman-Users] follow-up to previous posts, exim + mailman + virtualhosts

Bretton Vine bretton at hivemind.net
Mon Mar 20 18:15:14 CET 2006

My requirements are for an installation of mailman and exim on a single
server to provide the following functionality:

1. Same named lists, separate lists across domains namely:

   --> listname at domain1.co.za
   --> listname at domain2.co.za

2. Domain name independent configuration of lists

   i.e. listname at domain1.co.za is administered at

        listname at domain2.co.za is administered at

Can anyone tell me if this is (a) practical and (b) possible, with or
without patches etc. If so, where could I find the relevant
documentation on to do it? Can the config be setup in mailman or is some
magic required with regards DNS, Apache (rewrite, redirect, alias
directives etc) and Exim.

| Bretton Vine | 083 633 8475 | bretton at hivemind.net |
| GPG: http://bretton.hivemind.net/bretton_vine.asc  |

"Don't knock masturbation, it's sex with someone I love." ~ Woody Allen,
Annie Hall