[Mailman-Users] errors after applying virtualhost patches to 2.1.7

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Mar 20 18:52:10 CET 2006

Bretton Vine wrote:

>After applying the following two patches to the mailman source,
>compiling and installing on Debian unstable I get the attached errors in
>my logfiles. Can anyone explain specifically what's going wrong?
>(The lists do still work though)

But do messages get archived?

<snip>
>File "/var/lib/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/HyperArch.py", line 344, in
>_open_list
>    except Errors.MMListError, e:
>NameError: global name 'Errors' is not defined

It appears your patch has triggered a bug in HyperArch.py, namely the
statement

from Mailman import Errors

is missing from this module. Adding that line with the other "from
Mailman import" lines will fix this, but it won't fix the underlying
problem with the patches. It will just turn the above exception into
an entry in the error log like

error opening list: listname
 <error message>