[Mailman-Users] Archive question

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Mar 20 19:04:20 CET 2006

Stewart, Tom wrote:

>I inherited a mailman system and need to move some monthly archives from
>a list called test to the actual mailing list. Both lists are on the
>same system.
>
>Everything I could find indicates to copy the file over to the public or
>private area and then run  \arch --wipe maillistname.
>
>When I do that, it justs deletes the .txt and folder that I copied over.
>
>What am I missing?

What you need to do is merge the
archives/private/test_list.mbox/test_list.mbox file with the
archives/private/maillistname.mbox/maillistname.mbox so that you wind
up with archives/private/maillistname.mbox/maillistname.mbox
containing its original contents plus that of the test_list.mbox file.
Then

bin/arch --wipe maillistname

will build a complete archive.

See