[Mailman-Users] strange porblem with apache

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Fri Mar 24 20:23:04 CET 2006

Hi.

I have installed Mailman on my test machine (Debian Sarge on VMWare) but
I have hit a strange problem.

Here is my configuration:

# mm_cfg.py
MAILMAN_SITE_LIST = 'mailman'

DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http:/%s/mailman/'
PRIVATE_ARCHIVE_URL = '/mailman/private'
IMAGE_LOGOS         = '/images/mailman/'

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'lists.python.mydebian'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST   = 'lists.python.mydebian'

POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS  = ['lists.python.mydebian']

# apache2
<VirtualHost *:80>
  ServerName lists.python.mydebian

  ServerAdmin webmaster at python.mydebian

  Alias /images/mailman/ /var/lib/mailman/icons/
  Alias /pipermail/ /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/

  <Directory "/var/lib/mailman/archives/public">
    AddDefaultCharset Off
  </Directory>

  ScriptAlias /mailman/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mailman/

  RedirectMatch ^/$ /mailman/listinfo

  CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access_python_lists.log combined
</VirtualHost>

The problem is with the web interfaces.
On
http://lists.python.mydebian/mailman/listinfo

I get links of type:
http://lists.python.mydebian/lists.python.mydebian/mailman/admin

instead of
http://lists.python.mydebian/mailman/admin

Why?

The strange thing is the the *source* page has the correct links; the
same if I read the page with python httplib...

Thanks and regards  Manlio Perillo