[Mailman-Users] strange porblem with apache

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Mar 24 21:00:08 CET 2006

Manlio Perillo wrote:

>I have installed Mailman on my test machine (Debian Sarge on VMWare) but
>I have hit a strange problem.
>
>Here is my configuration:
>
># mm_cfg.py
>MAILMAN_SITE_LIST = 'mailman'
>
>DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http:/%s/mailman/'
>PRIVATE_ARCHIVE_URL = '/mailman/private'

What's this??  The only setting that's close is PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL
which defaults to

PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL = 'http://%(hostname)s/pipermail/%(listname)s'

>IMAGE_LOGOS         = '/images/mailman/'
>
>DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'lists.python.mydebian'
>DEFAULT_URL_HOST   = 'lists.python.mydebian'

if these are different from what's in Defaults.py, you also need

and to be squeeky clean, you can precede this with
VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear() to remove the entry set in Defaults.py, i.e.,

VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()

<snip>

>The problem is with the web interfaces.
>On
>http://lists.python.mydebian/mailman/listinfo
>
>I get links of type:
>http://lists.python.mydebian/lists.python.mydebian/mailman/admin
>
>instead of
>http://lists.python.mydebian/mailman/admin
>
>Why?
>
>The strange thing is the the *source* page has the correct links; the
>same if I read the page with python httplib...

That is strange. If the source HTML has the correct link, why does your
browser mung it? is the source link absolute - i.e., does it start
with http://?

Did you create the list before arriving at the above mm_cfg.py
settings?. If so, the web_page_url list attribute is probably wrong.
The easiest way to fix it is with bin/fix_url.py.