[Mailman-Users] Mailman Windows

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Mar 28 20:13:36 CEST 2006

Jason [WeatherServer] wrote:

>Now I know in the FAQ there is info on how to setup mailman for windows but
>does anyone have it running on windows and does it run ok?

I have a test Mailman running under Cygwin/Windows XP, but I wouldn't
run it on an open server. Mailman's security module is based on SETGID
wrappers and SETGID doesn't work on Cygwin/Windows. Thus you have to
give your web server potential access to everything without
necessarily going through the wrappers.

Other than that, it works fine:

Windows XP sp2
    Cygwin
        Latest Mailman Release_2_1-maint CVS branch
        Apache 1.3.33
        Exim 4.52