[Mailman-Users] permission problem saving attachments to archives

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Mar 30 06:48:53 CEST 2006

kristina clair

>On 3/28/06, Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote:
>> (what
>> does 'ls -lR /home/mailman/archives/private/membership/attachments'
>> show?)
># ls -lR /home/mailman/archives/private/membership/attachments
>total 0

This is puzzling. Something is not right about this. Possibly the full
traceback will contradict me, but I think that Scrubber is in it's
save_attachment() function and is trying to lock the attachment
in this case) in order to keep other processes out while it computes a
unique file name to save the attachment. It is the lock.lock() call in
Scrubber that trys to create
However, well before this, Scrubber has called its makedirs() function
to create as necessary all the directories in
and this apparently succeeded yet the directories 20060301/ and
20060301/cf7df1b6/ (and even the attachments/ directory initially)
don't exist.

Do these directories exist somewhere else?